Circuit Court is a court of record. The Circuit Court Clerk’s office is responsible for:
- Maintaining and accurately keeping all records and minutes of the Court. This includes:
- Misdemeanor and felony criminal cases and civil cases over $25,000
- Hospital liens
- Name changes
- Restoration of citizenship
- Foreign judgments
- Keeping records on the criminal and civil jurors for each of the three divisions
- Filing a Grand Jury report each month and processes the paperwork for each defendant
- Preparing and transferring all records for cases on appeal to a higher court and
- Collecting, receipting, and accounting for all fines, court cost, and restitution
The Circuit Court Clerk’s office is a fee office and collects approximately $7,000,000 a year, which is disbursed, to various state and county agencies monthly.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC IN THE CJC, THE MADISON COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT CLERK’S OFFICE IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Civil Filings -if you need to file a new complaint, please email that complaint and any summons to Lilli.Griffin@tncourts.gov The complaint will be stamp filed with the date that you emailed it to the Clerk’s office.
-You will go online to our online payment center (located under "Quick Links") and make the payment by debit or credit card for the complaint you are filing. Checks for summons outside of Madison County, checks to the Secretary of State and Commissioner of Insurance must be mailed to the Clerks office to send with the summons.
-Any other Civil filings will just need to be emailed toand they will also be stamp filed with the date that they are emailed on.
Criminal Filings -All motions can be emailed to and they will be stamp filed with the date that they are emailed on.
Payment for Court Costs and Fines -2 ways to make payment on your court costs and fines 1.)go online to www.courtfeepay.com or click "PAYMENTS" under the Quick Link section on this page.
2.)Mail Payment to the following address: Madison County Circuit Court Clerk, 515 S. Liberty St. Suite 200, Jackson,TN 38301