Madison County Fire Department
Established in 1958
"To extinguish fire and prevent loss of life and property, with pride, dedication and courage.
- To continue providing Madison County with coverage 24-hours a day.
- To continually improve the levels and quality of our fireman and customer service.
- To adapt to, and overcome challenges of the future.
- Keep and maintain positive attitudes.
- To be a progressive organization that embraces change.
- A department that is altogether prepared for any emergency.
- The Madison County Fire Department is a TEAM that recognizes that our families are the core of our departments continued participation.
- The fire department supports continuous firefighter training and technological advancement training.
- We are dedicated to provide a professional and compassionate customer service.
- We will preserve honesty and integrity.
- We embrace public health and safety through active prevention training.
- Each member's actions and behavior will maintain or enhance the image and reputation of the department at all times.
- Each member will respect the authority, knowledge and experience of their officers.
- We are an organization committed to treating all members with respect, dignity and equality.
- Through our firefighting and rescue missions, the Madison County Fire Department is charged with the responsibility of protecting the lives and property of the citizens of Madison County.
- To educate the citizens of Madison County on Fire Safety.
- To issue burn permits (when weather conditions are favorable and location is safe).
- To inspect the safety conditions of day cares, homes for the elderly, senior citizens clubs, etc. in Madison County.